Everywhere I go, I am told that the life and death of Patrick McGoldrick was a challenge and motivation. The eyes of people (whom I've never even met) fill with tears as they tell me how meaningful it was to read of Patrick's final days and watch his faith all the way to the end.
For those who may not know, on December 5, 2011, in the prime of his life, Patrick (my sister's husband) was diagnosed with ALS--a disease that typically takes your life within three years. For Patrick, it was much shorter. Barely one year later, on December 26, 2012, he breathed his last breath.
The impact of his story, both in his living and his dying, spread across the world and thousands leaned in to learn from his journey. Who was this man who would not stop praising God even while everything seemed so unfair? My life has been marked forever by my journey next to Patrick in his dying days.
After months of work with help from volunteers all across the country, his book has finally been published. And there are five reasons why you should get this book...
- It was written by a man of God who lived well and died well.
- It contains 11 messages that Patrick delivered in his final few years.
- It includes his last message, "Who Do You Trust?", which he delivered to a packed auditorium through difficult speech just months before he died.
- You, or someone you know, could benefit from reading Patrick's inspirational messages about hope, fear, obedience and the sovereignty of God.
- Every penny received will go into the McGoldrick Family Fund to benefit his surviving wife and kids.
Buy it on Amazon right now.
Or, you can also pick up a copy at the bookstores in any of these churches...
- Cornerstone Baptist Church, Roseville, MI
- Granger Community Church, Granger, IN
- Calvary Baptist Church, Covington, KY