I've had a great respect for Pete Wilson for several years. He is a pastor who is following God in Nashville, Tennessee--and has been a mentor for my daughter. Loved hearing Pete's challenge today at Velocity 12...
- Just because your dream is delayed doesn't mean it's not going to happen.
- Most of us have been trained to hear God speak, but we don't know what to do with His silence.
- Story of Lazarus -- Jesus' friend was dying, and He waited. He didn't come right away.
- Sometimes God will wait 2 days or 2 weeks or 2 years before He answers.
- God will allow suffering, pain and trials in order to detach your reliance on other things and reconnect it to Him.
- You have to stop looking at your unmet expectation as though God is doing something TO you.
- Hope doesn't just come from believing in God's timing. Hope comes from trusting on His timing.
- When we are waiting on God, that is when we are most prone to idolatry.
- People assume that when God is not speaking that He is not with them.
- God's silence is not His absence.
- If God's plan is a little bit different than yours, always remember Psalm 18:2.
- I think God is looking for pastors' who love Him more than they do their church.
A tremendous challenge from a great leader.