Dr. Samuel Chand: "Crisis Helps us Grow"
I've respected Dr. Samuel Chand from a distance, but was able to meet him for the first time today. I thoroughly enjoyed his talk at Velocity 2012. Some of my notes...
- Everything has a capacity. This room will never hold 3,000 people at one time. Your laptop battery will never last all week. You also have a capacity. But you can grow your capacity.
- Most churches are two funerals away from revival. And you probably know who they are.
- Growth means change. Change means loss. Loss means pain. It's all about "growing pains."
- There are two types of people in the world: Those who make deposits, and those who make withdrawals.
- Never throw a crisis away. Crisis help us grow.
- If you take care of your personal life, God will take care of your public life.
- There are two things that might keep you from being able to handle the blessing when God sends it: Broken systems or the wrong people.
Dr. Chand was a delightful speaker who I'd love to hear more.