Last week was my 15-year anniversary at Granger. Mileposts like that tend to make me reflective.
I thought I would share some things that you may not know, but were true upon my first day in the office 15 years ago...
- Rob Wegner had hair like Albert Einstein.
- Mark Beeson was younger than I am now (he was 40 years old).
- We were a 100% Mac shop before it was vogue to be so.
- There were 6 people on staff.
- Church services were happening in a movie theater, the offices were rented, and we owned no land or buildings.
- All the men wore ties to the office. Yep, every day.
- The church stationary was printed in one-color: Holy Spirit Red.
- We had no email. It was high-tech to have a fax machine.
- Our staff handbook indicated that men should not have facial hair.
- Ginny Lawley was a volunteer on the vocal team; Kem Meyer was a single mom who had recently met Christ, and Melanie Rosander had long hair.
Ah yes, haven't things changed!