Random Thoughts to Start the Week
Stuff on my mind...
- The uproar surrounding the presidents' speech today to school children baffles me. He's the president. It has been widely reported that he is going to encourage them to stay in school. Still not convinced? Then read the word-for-word transcript of what he'll be saying today.
- I'm glad that LeadingSmart.com ended up #41 on the list of Top 100 Church Blogs. Not because I think I'm special. But because it is my goal (and part of the vision of Granger) to resource church leaders. Kudos also to Kem Meyer and Mark Beeson for also appearing on the list.
- Today I'm driving with Mark Beeson to Indianapolis. Looking forward to the six hours of unprogrammed, non-agenda time on the road to talk and dream about the future. I cherish my time with Mark.
- It feels kind of weird, but I'm 12 days away from a big milepost. On September 20, 1994, just 1 month after Megan was born, I began serving on the staff at Granger.
- Still celebrating that 342 people gave their lives to Christ this weekend during the five services. It wasn't a "check-the-box-so-no-one-knows" kind of deal. It was a stand-up and go public deal. Amazing!