Here is what I believe:
- Most people won’t be transformed during a single church service.
- Very few long-lasting decisions are made during church services.
- Church services can provide inspiration and a catalyst for life change. But most true life change will happen outside of the church service.
- We can, however, increase the chances that life change will happen by doing two things in our services:
- Provide opportunities for people to get involved in relationships.
- Provide tools for personal or group study.
When we are planning a weekend service, we are constantly asking ourselves, “What is the next step we want people to take?” Is there a resource, a seminar, a website, a book, or another tool that will help people really drive deep the truth that is being presented?
If you didn’t understand what I just explained, you might think the following is just a commercial or a revenue source. Not at all. Rather, it is a very intentional discipleship method based on a deep-rooted and well-tested belief that life change happens best with the right tools in the context of relationships.