The Sticks: Dwight Mason
Dwight Mason is the lead pastor at New Pointe Community Church in Dover, Ohio, a large and growing congregation of around 3,000 people. I have enjoyed getting to know him the past couple of days.
Some quotes from his session…
- Nothing happens without leadership.
- There is nothing more powerful than an example.
- If there is no one leading, then everyone is doing what is right in their own eyes.
- Most problems can be traced to a lack of competent leadership.
- It is always easier to blame others rather than take responsibility.
- We teach what we know, but we reproduce who we are.
- If you don’t like your church, take a look at who you are.
- It’s amazing to me how many people leading churches don’t like people.
- When we are driven to perform or please, we become controlling and we don’t lead well.
- My value is not because I’m a pastor. My value is because I’m a child of God.
- This book rocked my world: Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero.
- You are as sick as your secrets. You don’t need to tell everyone, you just need to tell somebody.