- Why is it important to do something out-of-the-box? Because we live in a unique time in history.
- In 1950 there were about 2 billion people on this planet. By 2050, it is anticipated there will be more than 9 billion people. That is a lot of people to introduce to Christ.
- 60 million people living in towns 2500 or less in size.
- In July of 2006, we started with 70 people which dropped to 40 people when we clarified our vision. About 6 months later we were 300 in size.
- If you are doing something that isn’t working…it’s stupid to continue it.
- Failure will be part of what you do.
- Christians who get it want to share it. You just have to ask.
- It is a rarity that a church leader can actually push through the politics to change. It is often better to just start something new.
- So much of what we do is because we’ve always done it that way…or because we don’t want to offend.
Practical Stuff for Church Leaders