Andy Stanley on Leadership
Andy launched Catalyst 2008 with a great talk on leadership. Quotable…
· We want our leaders to have consistency between what they say and what they do.
· At the end of the day, everyone is a volunteer. They can quit at any time.
· Authenticity is a powerful leadership dynamic.
· Nehemiah got mad and asked the leaders to stop over-charging the people. They immediately complied. Why? Because for 12 years, Nehemiah had been living an authentic life in front of them. He had moral authority.
· As leaders, we must be the men and women who never carry into the future the hurt of the past.
· Perhaps the boldest leadership move you could make is to get on your knees and let go of your hurts.
· Men: If your wife feels like your church is your mistress, you are part of the problem you are trying to solve.
· If your kids feel neglected because of your time at the church, you are part of the problem you are trying to solve.