Craig Groeschel opened the session (on video) by introducing the senior team from LifeChurch.tv: Jerry Hurley (team development leader, Bobby Gruenwald (innovation leader), Kevin Penry (operational leader and Sam Roberts (campus operations leader)...
- An organization is the reflection of its leadership.
- Every good leader is self-aware. She knows her weaknesses and where she needs help.
- A good leader invites others to speak into his life.
- People naturally attribute someone else's behavior to their character. But we tend to blame our own behavior on our circumstances.
- A newer or smaller church has a tendency to get off-course--because everyone thinks the mission is up for discussion.
- One of our team's strengths: A willingness to get naked (bonding, vulnerable).
- The difference between where you are and where God wants you to be is the pain you're unwilling to endure.
- Our own capacity as leaders will be found at our ability to endure pain.