Mark Batterson Launches the Echo Conference
- Movie theater screens are post-modern stained glass. People used to tell stories on stained glass, now they tell stories through moving pictures.
- Mark Batterson's church (National Community Church) owns the largest coffee house on Capitol Hill (Ebenezer's). They did this so they could have a place where the church and the community could hang out.
- Mark shared thoughts from Matthew 10:16... "I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves."
- Truth is found in the tension of opposites. If you don't feel tension in truth, I wonder if you are missing something.
- If you do the right thing for the wrong reasons in the kingdom of God, it doesn't count.
- I'm competitive, and it's hard not to play the comparison game. The problem: You can only compare in two directions...comparing to someone you are better than leads to pride, and comparing to someone who is better than you leads to jealousy.
- Martin Luther said the printing press was God's highest act of grace to communicate the gospel. Luther was espousing the latest technology of his time.
- The greatest tragedy is when we start doing ministry out of memory (what happened before) rather than ministry out of innovation.
- There are ways of doing church that no one has thought of yet.
I encourage you to go to Amazon and get Mark's newest book.