- There was a death threat at my daughter's high school on Friday. And 1500 students stayed home. She blogged about the day here. It's a new day we live in.
- Lately CNN and Fox News should be called 24/7 Pope-TV. The news coverage (i.e. the pope gets out of the vehicle, the pope walks into the building, the pope is in the elevator, the pope is on the 37th floor) is getting a little old. Although I did learn yesterday that the Pope is a trained helicopter pilot. That's pretty cool. Oh, and Megan (my 13-year old) proclaimed that she wouldn't make a very good pope.
- Six days from now I'll be laying on the beach in Mexico with the love of my life.
- I didn't feel the earthquake on Monday, although just about everyone I talked to was awakened by it.
- It's hard to admit that I'm becoming a fan of Anderson Cooper. For more than 10 years, I chose Fox News as my primary source of cable news (after all, it's fair and balanced). But recently my cable company added CNN-HD (high definition) to my line-up. So, it looks MUCH better than Fox, plus I'm finding that Anderson Cooper (and his sidekick Erica Hill) are very entertaining to watch.
- I got to ride my John Deere today. It made me happy.
Practical Stuff for Church Leaders