Every month I receive a report on what is happening outside the walls of our church in the community and around the worldthrough the people of Granger. It's pretty exciting...
- In February we provided food boxes for 314 families, including 52 which were delivered by volunteers to those unable to walk to the pantry.
- Three days a week we have volunteers reading to children at the Community Center. The kids get stickers and receive free books for participating.
- A special dinner is provided every second Wednesday of the month for guests in the community.
- Our Second Saturday ministry last month was again successful: 40 worked at the Community Center; 110 packed boxes at Feed the Children; 40 people helped at the Ronald McDonald Family Room in South Bend; a full bus went to Five Star to help with a cleaning project; 18 helped volunteer at the Faith Mission in Elkhart; and 25 participated in our Plymouth, Indiana location.
- We served 80 meals at the Hope Rescue Mission
- We led services at two senior centers.
- We served dinner to 204 guests at the Center for the Homeless, packed lunches for 96, and hosted a birthday party for children of the homeless.
- More than 600 students were involved in our Five Star program in the area public schools.
Oh, by the way, this ministry happens because people volunteer and people tithe. And, it should be mentioned this all took place in February, when the average temperature was 25 degrees and we received 20" of snow. Way to go Granger.