My friend, Dan Vukmirovich, gave his thoughts on Pop Goes the Church...
First impressions of "Pop Goes the Church" by Tim Stevens (his first solo book):
- Tim has a very conversational writing style - I like this.
- Tim doesn't shy away from tough truths - this even stings me every so often (in a good way)
- Tim uses many examples and draws from other's experiences. He does a great job of this in his workshops as well. Keeps me turning pages, waiting for the next thing.
- Tim writes with conviction and passion. He believes what he is writing will make a difference. He's not just trying to sell a book.
- Tim has a great hair/beard combo going. This gives him credibility as wise and all-knowing (in a pop culture sort of way). :)
- So far, I would buy this book in a heartbeat. A good read with great content. Thanks Tim for your hard work. I think the Church (capital "C") will really benefit.