PGTC Review: "I Was Never Lost, Bored or Disinterested"
A review of Pop Goes the Church by Jim Henry:
When this book comes out, run (don’t walk) to the store or amazon.com or wherever…and get a copy. If you’re a Pastor, buy a copy for yourself and your staff. As I posted here, this book is a “MUST READ”, whether or not you believe in leveraging pop culture for the gospel or are completely against it.
- Tim came prepared to write this book. So many books share opinions, but lack the backing evidence to support their conclusions. Tim supports everything in this book with scripture and supporting research.
- “Pop Goes the Church” dives right in to the issues facing the church as it struggles to reach the community. You don’t have to wait until 3 or 4 chapters in to get to the “meat” of the book.
- This book is full of real life examples of how this approach to ministry is working and changing lives. This isn’t a “look what we’re doing at Granger” book, instead it’s a “look at what God is doing though His church” book.
- I’ve always been struck by Tim’s humility. That humility is apparent throughout this book. It is evident that Tim’s great passion is to reach the lost, not just in the Granger area, but throughout the world. His passion for the local church and its effectiveness is presented in a transparent and humble way.
- Tim is a wonderful writer. I was never lost, bored or disinterested as I read. I truly believe that “Pop Goes the Church” is a must have in the library of any ministry leader.