Going Down Memory Car Lane
I'm picking up a new car tomorrow, and it has made me remember all the cars I've had through the years. Each car brings back memories...
- 1975 Ford Mustang II -- a cheap car dad knew we could ding up and it wouldn't matter. I once got chased in this car by a bat-wielding maniac (who eventually smashed the windshield with said bat).
- 1979 Plymouth Horizon -- most my high school dates were picked up in this car. (Oh, and also dropped off at the end of the night).
- 1978 Ford Escort -- I have video of us driving to the hospital in this car to have our first baby 14.5 years ago.
- 1983 Ford Van -- it died and a guy paid me $50 to take it off my hands.
- 1985 Olds Delta 88 -- this car was huge and smooth.
- 1987 Dodge Shadow -- got in a bad hail storm soon after I bought it, but I didn't care. All the dimples gave it character.
- 1988 Plymouth Bonneville
- 1991 Chevy Lumina -- we used to put three car seats side-by-side in the back seat of this car.
- 1999 Honda Odyssey -- my first new vehicle and first minivan. Odyssey's were hard to get back then and I sold it two years later on Ebay for nearly as much as I paid for it.
- 2001 Honda Odyssey -- we still have this one. Has nearly 100k miles on it and we are keeping it until we are done with the minivan phase (Lord, let it come quickly).
- 2004 Nissan Murano -- Yes, it's for sale right now, if the price is right! It's been a tremendous vehicle for me and I will miss it.