Top 5 Summer Movies
Top 5 Summer Movies that I'm looking forward to...
- Ocean's Thirteen (June 8) - Eleven was great and Twelve was good. With a cast including Al Pacino and Andy Garcia--this one has the ingredients for success.
- Nancy Drew (June 15) - I admit a childhood crush on her. Leave me alone, at least I didn't fall for the Hardy Boys.
- Evan Almighty (June 22) - I always love to see how Hollywood tries to tell a Bible story. It has been designated "the most expensive comedy ever made" at $175 million and stars Steve Carell.
- Live Free or Die Hard (June 27) - Private confession here...Bruce Willis is one of my favorite actors. Who can't watch Armageddon without getting a patriotic lump in their throat? Faith and I watched the early Die Hard movies in our "before kids" days and thoroughly enjoyed them. Bring it on Bruce.
- The Bourne Ultimatum (August 3) - Robert Ludlum writes my favorite genre of novel--the international spy thriller type. So I began reading his Bourne trilogy nearly 20 years ago. Matt Damon is a great actor to play the part.
Top 5 Summer Movies that I WON'T be seeing...
- Hostel Part II (June 8) - not into gore and horror.
- The Simpsons Movie (July 27) - I know this will disappoint many of you, but I've never gotten into the whole adult animation genre.
- Mr. Bean's Holiday (August 31) - British humor is hard enough for me to figure out...and then there is Mr. Bean British humor.
- Sicko (June) - this is a documentary by Michael Moore. It's not his extreme views that bother me. It's that he doesn't have integrity as a film maker.
- Care Bears: Oopsy Does It! (August 4) - I think these guys are little demons disguised as lovable bears. I never did like them.