Random stuff in my head...
- In two weeks we'll conduct our third all-church survey in the past 15-months. More later.
- Next week I'll be faith-less. That is, my wife (Faith) will be with my oldest daughter on an 8th-grade trip to Washington D.C. I'll be Mr. Mom at home with the other three. Should be fun.
- I just bought tickets for the Linkin Park concert on September 1st in Chicago. I hate to admit it...but this is my first real concert. Unless you count New Song, Steven Curtis Chapman or Jump Five. Like I said, my first real concert.
- I'm changing phones. Debating between the Motorola Q and the Helio Ocean. Any advice?
- It's official -- I'm building a 150' zipline in the backyard. All the materials are in...hope to start this weekend.
- Mark Beeson has discovered text messaging. They are in Florida right now with all their kids and spouses. I love his daily updates. Today's included the word "vomit."
- Both of my favorite shows conclude this week. 24 ended on Monday with a bang (literally). Not their finest season, but still love the show.
- Lost ends tonight with a two-hour season finale. Still one of the most suspenseful shows on TV. Some people bailed earlier in the season. Get online and finish the season, you won't be disappointed.
- I don't think she fully feels it, but I really love my sister. She is a great mom, wife, teacher, pastors' wife and friend. And a bonus - she has a great husband.
- I'm leaving my 30's soon. It's not bothering me yet. I did go through an age crisis in my mid-30's, so perhaps I'm good for another few years.
- I'm taking my 12-year old (Megan) with me to the Willow Arts conference. She loves worship music and the arts...I think she'll enjoy it.
- I just started a weight-loss competition with a couple of good friends. All of us are going to lose ten pounds in the next five weeks. I'm going to win.
- Looking forward to the Buzz Conference next month.