Ups. Downs. Biting nails. Praying. Shocked. Amazed. Never imagined. Worst nightmare. Greatest day ever.
These are just a few of the descriptive words that were written about Easter services in churches all over. I love reading what God is doing in other communities of faith. Here are some stories about yesterday's Easter services that I enjoyed reading today...
- Terry Storch had some moments of sweating and panic as LifeChurch.tv launched a new internet campus on Second Life. This was a service I was able to "attend" on Saturday night.
- At Elevation Church in Charlotte, North Carolina -- Steven Furtick reports having over 2,000 people in attendance. What is interesting about that...the church didn't exist 15 months ago.
- Here is a new one. Crosslink Community Church in Grove City, Ohio, launched a series called Inked, and gave real tattoos on stage during the service. Read the article in the Columbus Dispatch.
- Ben Arment relaunched Reston Community Church this weekend in Reston, Virginia. They now meet in Town Center (which by the way, is a key location in a novel I just finished by David Baldacci called The Collectors).
- At National Community Church, Mark Batterson reports standing room only at their Union Station location and a successful Eggstravaganza.
- John Jackson reports a huge turn-out at Carson Valley Christian Center in Nevada, with over 3600 attending in 2 locations.
- Things at NewSpring are still going and blowing. Read a report from Perry Noble here.
- Scott Hodge reported a very windy, but successful Egg drop at Orchard Valley Community Church in Aurora, Illinois. They also launched their new series that wins the longest name award: Confessions of a blue jean wearin', Starbucks addicted pastor.
Who am I missing? Leave a comment and a link to a blog or article about your Easter services.