I mentioned last week how encouraged I was that nearly 5000 people showed up on a weekend when 12+ inches of snow fell.
This weekend was even worse. Not a lot of fresh snow, but on Saturday afternoon we were under a Blizzard Warning (for those of you in the south, that does not mean a Dairy Queen is ahead). And yet over 4100 people left the warmth of their homes to participate in the final weekend of the 24 series.
- Saturday 5:30, 4 degrees, Blizzard warning, 1081 people gathered
- Saturday 7:30, 2 degrees, 25mph winds, 699 people brave the cold
- Sunday 8:45, -5 degrees, yes, that is below zero, 450 people get up early
- Sunday 10:15, -2 degrees, even windier that Saturday night, 1076 people attend
- Sunday 11:45, 1 degree, but 845 people figure it's not getting any better and join us for the final service of the weekend.