We just had our largest non-holiday weekend ever at Granger with 7,508 in attendance for the launch of the U2 Christmas series. Some key highlights...
- The service started with a vocal prelude featuring Lisa Vukmirovich singing U2's "New Year's Day."
- Over 1,200 kids sang Christmas songs from the stage throughout the weekend.
- A 70-voice adult choir backed up Dan Vukmirovich singing the U2 classic "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For."
- A heart-shaped thrust stage "runway" protruded into the middle of the room.
- The Bono trailer was shown to encourage the crowd to return for the rest of the series.
- Mark Beeson gave a compelling Christmas message telling the story of Jonah. Yep, that's right, Jonah! He also played a 2-minute portion of an interview with Bono talking about caring for the poor.
For the next 7 days, you can view the entire service on video here.