If You Buy One Book This Week...
...then you should consider ordering this one: In A Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson. Why take my advice? A short list here:
- Batterson is the real deal. I've met him, spent time with him and his team, heard his heart. He has the life to back up the words that he has written.
- Who wouldn't want to read an entire book based on two little-known verses from the Old Testament?
- I live in northern Indiana. We get 80" of snow every year. Just the title of the book gets me excited!
- In this book, Batterson talks about running full-speed into risks that don't make sense. That takes guts...it also takes God and some good friends.
- It is midnight on the day before the book releases--and already it is #217 on the list of top sellers. As an author, let me say that is flippin' good. As a comparison, Bill Clinton's autobiography is #4,136 right now, and Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook is #2,204.
- You could buy Bill's or Martha's book, but do you want to be good with cookies, good at rewriting history--or would you rather learn some life skills like calculating risks and seizing opportunities?
- Let me entice you. In chapter one, Batterson says: "For most people, finding yourself in a pit with a lion on a snowy day would qualify as bad luck. But can you see how God turned what could have been considered a bad break into a big break?"
- Batterson came from the midwest...he's got to be smart.
- If you hate to read, don't fret. This book is filled with interesting stories of real-life people who faced their fears and chased their dreams.
- I've been blogging for over two months and this is the first book I've recommended. (Okay, other than the three that Tony Morgan wrote with his genius partner.)
Go buy a few copies. It's pretty cheap at this Amazon link. Let's see if we can get it in the top 15 on Amazon...at least above Bill O'Reilly's new book.