Leadership Summit Session #1
Bill Hybels started off the day talking about "The Life Cycle of a Leader." Some highlights...
- Products tend to have life cycles. Consider 8-tracks, cassette tapes, or even CD's which are being replaced by the iPod.
- Many leaders also fizzle out after their peak.
- It doesn't have to be that way.
- Leaders who start in their 20's tend to be the greatest leaders late in life.
- Leaders are intentional learners.
- Many pastors don't get to level #4 -- which includes sharing leadership and giving away power -- because of their insecurities.
- If you don't share leadership -- high-capacity leaders will leave. They crave impact and they will go where they can have the greatest impact.
Okay, now I have to go get a Twinkie. Next session starts soon.