God Moves in South Dakota?
I just returned from a great weekend at Celebrate Community Church in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Here are 10 things I love about this church...
- The lead pastor, Keith Loy, is on fire. He's fun to hang with, has tremendous vision, and has a great team. He also has a great wife and two beautiful little girls, Jordan and Jaden.
- Celebrate is growing like crazy. Two years ago they had 400 people. This weekend they had 934 in attendance.
- They are located in a small town in the midwest, just like Granger.
- They have a great staff. Brent Norgaard gave up a lucrative career to help lead. Cory Vinz leads their production team and does professional production on the side. Chris Fickel is their home-grown music guy who leads worship from a bass guitar - very cool. Bobby Rodriguez leads their small groups and is on fire!
- They have a huge vision -- to reach thousands in the Sioux Falls area.
- They have been through some tough times, but they didn't give up.
- They like me. (This really should be #1 on the list, but I didn't want to appear vain).
- They are bringing people to the Innovative Church Conference next month.
- They have a heart for their denomination and for helping struggling churches.
- They produce some really cool videos, and they plan to submit some to the Granger Film Festival.
So now I know it's true. God is still at work, even in South Dakota.