Coldplay, Hoobastank, and Jesus
This past weekend featured an unbelievable experience at Granger. I call it an "experience" because calling it a "service" would so understate what actually occurred. You can experience it for yourself through streaming video on GCCWired.com (but only this week--until August 26th). Here are some highlights:
- This was the 5th and final weekend in our series called Click. We've been exploring the five areas of focus for our church. The week was "Forward: Doing the Next Right Thing." The entire service was creatively designed to encourage movement, taking your next step, wherever you are on the spiritual journey--just keeping moving forward.
- The prelude music was Speed of Sound by Coldplay.
- Josh Canfield sang a song by Hoobastank called "Moving Forward." An interesting note about Josh...I worked with his dad from 1985 through 1994. In fact, on more than one occasion, I babysat Josh when he was 4 or 5 years old. He began attending Granger this summer.
- There were three different original videos created for this service. The one titled More than a Number was amazing. Great writing. Great photography. Great sound track.
- Using a flashlight and a spotlight, Rob Wegner started the service with a compelling illustration about how God gives us just enough light for our next step.
- Jason Miller delivered a rendition of Amazing Grace on the tin whistle.
- Rob ended the service by encouraging hundreds who have made a recent decision to follow Christ to take an initial step of baptism. Our huge baptism celebration party happens on Sunday, September 10th.
- The service ended with a Baptism Media. This video won a first-prize award in the Buzz Film Festival in Washington, D.C. earlier this year.
Okay, so go watch the streaming video now. You'll agree, it was an amazing experience.